Where is the closest Hobby Lobby?
Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. is the largest owner and operator of arts and crafts stores throughout the United States. It offers more than 70,000 different products, although primarily an arts and crafts store, Hobby Lobby fabrics, picture framing, hobbies, wedding supplies, baskets, home accents, holiday merchandise, and much more. The company was inaugurated by David and Barbara Green in 1972 and currently has more than 32,000 employees and 900 stores operating in 47 US states.
History of Hobby Lobby
David Green and his wife opened the first Hobby Lobby store in 1972 in Oklahoma City. Green had to leave his supervisor position with TG&Y variety store to open his second store in 1975. He opened another store the next year, and by the mid-1982, there were seven Hobby Lobby stores. In 1984, the first store outside Oklahoma was initiated.
It is worth noting that Green had to face some losses in the early 1980s when he strived to expand the scope of his business by including high-end cookware and furniture. He then completely focused on arts and crafts, and by the year 1992, the Hobby Lobby chain had grown to seven US states with 50 different locations. At present, the company has 900 locations.
- According to the Hobby Lobby website, David Green is the son of a preacher, therefore, his stores and facilities are open every day for business, except Sundays. David Green believes that this allows his employees to have more time for worship, family, and rest.
- Barcode has been a standard practice for retailers for years, but Hobby Lobby doesn't use these. It continues the business on manual pricing, which may surely be not as convenient as its counterpart.
- David Green is committed to giving half of the earnings of Hobby Lobby to several evangelical ministries, which is considered to be quite a large amount.
Hobby Lobby is an arts business having more than 900 stores in the United States. As each of its stores is being run by the independent franchise owners, the operating hours are completely dependent on the store's location. But the majority of the Hobby Lobby stores follow the same hours.
Generally, all of its stores are open from Monday to Saturday and remain closed on Sundays. Their normal operating hours are from 09:00 am till 08:00 pm. Because of the Christian beliefs of David Green, the founder of Hobby Lobby, all the stores in every location are closed on Sundays.
Established in 1972 by David Green in Oklahoma City, Hobby Lobby is a US retail chain selling arts and crafts supplies to customers of all ages. The company has more than 700 stores all across America, and for all booking and orders, it still uses the old pricing way for accounting. It is surely a huge player in arts and crafts and is the largest privately-owned retailer of arts and skills in the world, having around 32,000 employees.
What type of business is Hobby Lobby?
Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. is an American retail company owning a chain of arts and craft stores all over the United States. In 2018, the company had a volume of $5 billion.
What is Hobby Lobby’s target market?
The target market of Hobby Lobby is a woman who appreciates the selection of merchandise, improves her home, and wants to have an enjoyable shopping experience.
Who are the competitors of Hobby Lobby?
The main competitors of Hobby Lobby include Walmart, Target, The Michaels Companies, Jo-Ann Stores, and A.C. Moore.
Locations: 775 locations in 48 states and 657 cities.
- Home Decor
- Fabric Shops
- Arts & Crafts Supplies
- Wedding Supplies & Services
- Art Supplies
- Hobby & Model Shops
- Picture Frames
- Craft Supplies
- Holiday Lights & Decorations
- Lamps & Shades
- Artificial Flowers, Plants & Trees
- Quilting Materials & Supplies
- Cake Decorating Equipment & Supplies
- Florists Supplies